Friday, May 18, 2018

This is 40


Prior years, I use to need a goal date to get me motivated in the gym and the kitchen. Whether it was an upcoming party, figure competition or numerous other reasons, I would ramp up my exercise and dial in my nutrition. I use to rely on those moments to get me motivated to kick it up a notch.

Not sure if it's my real healthy addiction I have for Orangetheory Fitness, turning 40 years old or if I am at peace with how I can finally keep everything in balance, but I have never felt better. Living a life of never saying I can't have something or do something because of my nutrition. I indulge in beverages, chocolate, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and lots of sushi.

I have walked on stage in a bikini asking to be subject to criticism. Rated by how lean I was or wasn't at the time. I've been told I needed to work on this or that to place better at my next show. I will never go down that road again but man oh man did it teach me a lot about hard work and dedication!

So here I stand, bikini ready for a girl's trip to Palm Springs. I celebrate my flaws. I celebrate my success. I celebrate being able to be comfortable in my own skin at the given moment. Thankful for a healthy body and aging with maturity.

Balanced diet +  Orangetheory Fitness = Happy Healthy Me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment